Hello, my name is Igor Maznitsa and I welcome you to be on my home page!
I am a programming engineer from Tallinn (Estonia) and programming is not only my work but also it is my main hobby.
my site is a set of links to my current pet projects, different old
stuff and information about me and my participation in different old
I hope that your visit to the page will be useful for you.
site is developed with JQuery Mobile thus you can toggle visibility of
both the header and the footer through a click of mouse on the content
Copyright © 2004-2014, Igor Maznitsa
was born in Leningrad city (the USSR) in 1975. My first home computer
platform was the BK-0010-01 (it is one of Russian PDP-11 clones) and
the next platform was the ZX-Spectrum. In 1996 I bought my first PC AT
486 and began to learn programming for that platform. As I left the
military service in 1997 I began career as a programming engineer in a
small company called “Information Technologies and Models” where I
worked for two years. Then I worked as a subcontractor and an employee
for different well-known trademarks (for instance OTIS, Samsung,
Siemens, F-Secure) and took a part in big number of software projects
for very different areas.
first commercial programming language was Delphi but since 1999 my both
the favorite computer language and the platform is Java and mainly I
develop all my projects in the language, so that I can be titled as a
Java programmer. Also I have very strong interest in programming with
Prolog and Erlang. I have skills in development of commercial projects
even in such rare language as FORTH.
I am sure that today programming
engineers are the successors of the medieval alchemists and they have
even the same objectives:
- to find the philosopher's stone (financial software can be titled so)
- to make a homunculus (it's the AI area)
I like the second one very much.
If you have questions or offers to me, do not hesitate to email me, my email is igor.maznitsa[at]igormaznitsa.com ,also you can find me in social networks through below links:
Copyright © 2004-2012, Igor Maznitsa
I have placed below several links to pages contain screenshots from old projects developed by me or where I took a part, WARNING!!! A LOT OF TRAFFIC!!!
I have placed here old or very old utilities which were developed by me casually. Some of them may be very useful and today.
- Wrapper for rater images to place them into SVG.Very small utility makes wrapper around a raster image to represent it in the SVG format. It was developed by me when I was developing software for Nokia mobile phones and I had real need to make icons for applications and didn't have enough time to dig very strange Symbian OS development process.
- FORTH based script engine. My experimental old development of a FORTH-like language, it was developed by me because I needed to have some script language which could be executed on mobile devices under J2ME and would allow remote loading from a server. As you know, J2ME didn't support class loaders.
- NTSC TV screen emulator. Because I developed software for TV-boxes I needed some software to check color artifacts issues in graphic elements and I developed the NTSC-viewer in Java. It allows to emulate NTSC-TV-screen and see color issues in images.
- PNG-256 generator (J2ME). It is very very old development. It was my experiment to use run-time PNG palette-based generation on fly to save some memory on old J2ME phones because their possibilities were very very limited. The Java code allows to generate 256 color palette based PNG image.
- Mobile Project Builder. During the "mobile" part of my career I was made to process dozens of projects at the same time and at the beginning I was using the standard WTK from the Sun J2ME Suit but it was absolutely terrible thing for huge number projects processing thus I developed own version which allowed to make preprocessing and packet compilation of my projects.
- PNG optimizing packer. The Achilles' heel for the first mobile J2ME devices was very limited size of their memory but I needed a lot of graphics in my developments, thus I developed small utility which packs PNG images a bit better and allows to correct some color issues for the first Samsung and LG phones.
Copyright © 2004-2012, Igor Maznitsa